Thursday, November 12, 2015

What To Do With That Leftover Halloween Candy

It's been a few weeks since Halloween and if you have leftover candy, or you're tired of looking at your kids candy what can you do.

Well...we didn't get many kids at our house and we had leftover Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  One of my favorite.  (I really must learn to purchase candy I don't like)  Even though I stuck the cups in the freezer, every time I went in there I saw them.  Do I eat them and slowly deplete the stash?

I decided to try my hand at baking with them.  I would suggest this to anyone.

Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan. Start with the Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.  Once you make that line the bottom of the pan with it.  Next put those Reese's on top.  You can do this with just about any candy that goes with chocolate.

Then I made a box brownie mix according to the instructions on the back because I couldn't find my recipe for brownies.  Pour that on top of the Reese's and bake for 45 minutes.

OMG you have the best brownies!

I happen to have a 2012 Heron Hill Cabernet Franc open and oh what a pairing it was!! The peanut butter, chocolate and Cabernet Franc just complemented eachother so well on your palate.

No comments: