Thursday, January 24, 2013

Heading West

As you all begin to read this, I will be on a plane heading to San Francisco for the weekend.  This has become a yearly tradition with my California friends and I am not complaining one bit.  I very rarely pass up a chance to go west.

This weekend will be filled with girl time and will begin with "SPANK!" The Fifty Shades Parody.  I am hoping I will sleep on the plane out there so I will be wide eyed for this show!  No crying babies next to me please.

The fun doesn't stop there.  Friday will be spent in Napa visiting Craig at Cornerstone, Emma at St. Supery and a trip to Vintner's Collective to end the day on the deck and who knows where else we will stop.

Hopefully as I write this Sid from the Deadliest Catch is out there catching our crabs for Saturday's dinner. No January visit to the bay would be complete without a dose of Portuguese Crab Cioppino. This is a roll the sleeves up, pull the hair back dinner.  I think I'll have to pack a bottle of Whitecliff Traminette to wash down those crabs with.

I am sure there will be lots of good wine in my future and I'll be heading back east Monday morning, tired with the need to dry out.

If you want to follow my escapades out west, follow me on Facebook or Twitter.  Have a great weekend and I'll catch you next week.

No comments: