Monday, August 29, 2011

A Peach in my Riesling

Peach and apricot are two flavors that at times dominate a Riesling.  This 2010 Whiteceliff Vineyards & Winery Riesling is one of those times.

On the nose I got aromas of stone fruit and sweetness.  How does one smell sweetness, I would define it as sweet ripe fruit.

Time to taste...peach is what stands out as the dominate flavor of this Riesling.  It was a little rough mid palate with a hint of apricot and a fizz on the finish.  The wine did have a touch of sweetness. At least enough for me to recognize that there was some residual sugar in the glass.  Yup 1.5% RS in this Riesling.  Most people might not be able to detect the RS, but I am very sensitive to sugar and can tell right away.

I know you shouldn't compare vintages but I really like the 2009 Riesling better.

1 comment:

Lizzie B. said...

Can't wait to try this!

Thanks for all of the wine tasting tips. I've added your blog to my local Hudson Valley blog roll on my site, Hudson Valley Green (an online resource for hosting eco-friendly events). Check it out if you get a chance!

Thanks,
Liz
Hudson Valley Green
www.hvgreen.blogspot.com