Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Visiting Trumpeter Torrontés


It's been a few years since I've had Trumpeter Torrontés by Rutini Wines.  Back in 2012 was my first introduction to Rutini wines and the Torrontés grape.  I was also very privileged to attend a lunch in New York City at the time and met the winemaker, Mariano Di Paola. It was one of the best wine tastings I have ever been to.  You can read about it here.

I'm happy to say that 4 years later the price point of the wine is relatively the same. 

The 2015 Rutini Trumpeter Torrontés did not disappoint!  Fermented in stainless steel floral aromas filled the glass along with white peach and hints of jasmine.  First sip gave way to flavors of lemon and jasmine with a mid palate of white peach. As the wine warmed up hints pineapple began to mix with the lemon and you became aware of the minerality backbone of the wine and the nice acidity.

This wine is a keeper! It retails for $10.99.  




This wine will go well with chicken, pork and seafood.  I paired it with Kielbasa, caramelized onions and sauerkraut.


No comments: