Thursday, March 5, 2015

Celebrating An Evolution

I'm going to admit here that I was never a sparkling wine fan until about 2 years ago.  That never stopped me from tasting it.  Then my palate must have undergone an evolution and now, well, I can drink it every day and it always seems to put a smile on my face.

Every sparkling wine is unique to itself.  Evolution, a sparkling wine produced by Sokol Blosser Vineyards is unique that is a blend of multiple grape varietals from multiple vintages. The wine appellation - America and made in the Methode Champenoise.

How many grapes can you fit in a bottle?  In this bottle there are nine varietals all with different oak treatments and differing levels of Malic Acid.

What grapes will you find in this bottle.  A blend of Muller-Thurgau, Riesling, Semillon, Pinot Gris, Gewurztraminer, Muscat Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc and Sylvaner.

This is a fun wine. Slightly bready on the nose with hints of orange blossom, tangerine, actually a lot of citrus comes through.  On your palate I found more citrus flavors rounding out a hint of sweetness on the finish.

I think this would be great to have for no specific occasion, just having a good day.  I love the back of the label as it suggests reasons to celebrate in case you have difficulty finding one.

The wine retails for $24.99




No comments: