I give you Lori and her first post "How to Plan a Fabulous Vineyard Wedding"
Congratulations! You’ve made the great decision to host your wedding at a vineyard - a setting unmatched in elegance, romance and natural beauty. Heed these words of of advice and you’re sure to have a vineyard wedding as fabulous as you dream it to be:
- Match your venue to your vision: Vineyard spaces vary widely. Some feature great swaths of greenery, majestic rows of vines and epic vistas. Others offer a smaller, woodsier or more intimate outdoor setting. Of course, the size of your guest list will be a factor in choosing a venue, but so will your wedding style. Whether you are envisioning a grand, elegant affair or something a little quainter, be sure the venue is a match.
- Love the wine, as much as the winery: Most venues will require you to exclusively serve their wines at your event - which is great, if you love the wine as much as the winery. In fact, a full bar may be prohibited. But, as long as the wine is good and flowing abundantly, your guests won’t miss it!
- Choose your color palette wisely: Work with the colors of the setting. Why not highlight the natural beauty of the place you chose? This doesn’t mean you are limited to purples and greens. For a fall wedding, incorporate autumnal hues, like red and orange. Earth tones and neutrals are a great match for a vineyard wedding. Gold - whether matched with blush and champagne or a more classic companion like black - gorgeously echoes the glow of afternoon light on the vines.
- Address outdoor challenges early in your planning: A vineyard wedding has all the advantages of other outdoor venues, and similar challenges. For a night-time reception, consider uplighting the vineyards, or it may be too dark for your guests to even see it. Hilly terrain usually means a robust evening breeze, so warn guests to dress accordingly and plan ways to tether stationery items, like menus and place cards. If needed, splurge for fancier outdoor trailer-style toilets, instead of standard port-a-potties. Lastly, be sure to check if the venue has back up indoor space in case of inclement weather.
- Have fun with the wine theme: I’m not suggesting an egregious overuse of cascading plastic grapes here. But I do recommend incorporating thoughtful and charming wine-themed details throughout your decor, such as cork-shaped place card holders, bottle opener favors and wine bottle centerpieces. A no-brainer wine wedding favor your guests will love: mini wine bottles with personalized vineyard-themed labels.
- Don’t forget transportation: For the safety and comfort of your guests, arrange for shuttles between hotels and the venue. Some wineries require it. It also allows your guests to enjoy your event worry-free.
Prioritize the safety and comfort of your guest and be true to your style and you are sure to create an unforgettable vineyard wedding experience that will live on in the hearts and minds of you and your loved ones for years to come.
By Lori Yeghiayan Friedman, Wine Country Occasions
Lori is a writer and communications professional. She brings to the wedding industry a love of beautiful things, a passion for the finer things in life - food, wine, travel - as well as an admiration for the ways people incorporate personal touches into weddings, birthdays and other milestone events. She is the Director of Public Relations & Content Strategy for Wine Country Occasions.