Thursday, August 18, 2011

In Search of Rosé - Shinn Estate Rosé

My summer has been kind of hectic and jumbled and I haven't had time to road trip to Long Island like I try to do at least once.  Recently a friend of mine went out to the North Fork for a few days to wine taste and I told him to stop at Shinn and pick me up their 2010 Rosé. I wanted to try it in my quest.

He did and I opened it last week.  Their 2010 Rosé didn't disappoint.  I really liked the color of this Rosé. I know it is hard to see in the picture, maybe I should have taken it indoors, but it was pink with orange undertones.  A beautiful color.

The wine had aromas of floral and stone.  The palate was full of strawberry leading to raspberries, a beautiful soft mouth feel (very elegant) and a dry finish.  As the wine warmed up a little bit there was some watermelon on the finish.

We had this wine on a Tuesday evening which is CSA pickup.  We prepared some pasta and fresh veggies to go with the wine. A very fitting meal to go with a Shinn Vineyards wine.

I really liked the wine.  I give it a thumbs up and a WO\  on the WOW meter.

3 comments:

Wining Ways said...

I just picked up this wine myself last week on my four day tour of LI. Great meal choice for it.

Joeshico said...

I'm a big fan of Finger Lakes Rosé, but really do love this one from Shinn Estate. Brought a few home from a trip to NYC in June and reviewed on my blog. Also found, like you, that even as the wine warmed up it did not lose any of it's appeal. Nice post.

hvwinegoddess said...

Thank you Joeshico. Wining Ways - I hope you had a great time in LI. Enjoy the Rose.