Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Family takes Precedence

It was just a few weeks ago that I told my parents about my new venture with Happy Bitch Wines. They were very excited for me.  Even though dad was a beer drinker, if I didn't have a Bud in the house, he settled for a glass of wine.  Wine is better for gout anyway, I told him.


I had hoped to write about our next set of blending trials that were scheduled for last Thursday but on Monday my dad passed away after a brief illness.  Blending trials were cancelled and my week was turned upside down.

I learned so much from my dad and he made me the person I am today.  To learn learn a little about my background and my dad click here for the obit.

I will be heading to the American Society of Wine Educators conference today in Rhode Island.  I will be taking  some wonderful seminars and look forward to sharing the information with you when I return.  By next week, I should be back on track.

I leave you with a "cult" movie my dad made.  So grab your "cult" wine, sit back, relax and enjoy (and yes, it's okay to laugh).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. He seemed to have an amazing life full of accomplishments and love of family. God Bless you and your family

hvwinegoddess said...

Thank you very much.