Thursday, August 5, 2010

Whitecliff Vineyards 2009 Unoaked Chardonnay

As I am writing this post I am looking for the picture of the wine which I filed so well I can't find it.  The post will have to do with no visuals.

This wine at first sight you know is a Chardonnay but if you are thinking the weight of a buttery Chard, you are mistaken.  This wine is a unoaked Chardonnay and the first of its kind at Whitecliff.

On the nose I get lime, pear and a sharpie. Once it enters the chambers the taste is passion fruit, pineapple and citrus.  The finish is long and lime.

This is a very refreshing wine.  I'll be the first to admit, when winemakers began experimenting with unoaked Chardonnays I was not a fan.  I think as perfection sets in I am really beginning to like the unoaked Chards.

No comments: