Monday, June 15, 2009

Celebration of Hudson Valley Wines Dinner

I survived Friday evening as organizer for The Hudson Valley Wine & Culinary Food Pairing Dinner - A Celebration of Hudson Valley Wines. Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time. There were 78 people that came to celebrate the award winning wines of the Hudson Valley. The view from the restaurant was just breathtaking!

On Wednesday I happen to bump into Jim Trezise, President of the New York Wine & Grape Foundation at Destination Riesling in New York City. He mentioned that he wanted to attend Friday's dinner. I told him that was wonderful, but there was a catch...would he present Ben with the Veritas Award. Jim told me he would be honored, and I kept the secret from Phyllis, so she was quite surprise and thrilled when she walked into the restaurant and saw him.
Jim presented Ben with The Hudson Valley Veritas Award for lifetime achievement and visionary leadership in Hudson Valley winemaking.

The evening went on and I along with my "partner in crime" Colleen Hughes, presented all the awards. Everyone was having such a great time, they had to tell us to leave around 11:30.

I will have the video of the dinner available as soon as we edit it. In the meantime here are the pictures from the dinner to enjoy.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great night! David and I had a blast along with the rest of our table from Hudson-Chatham Winery. They had a bang up day at the winery the next day and enjoyed telling people about the awards. We are thrilled to be part of the HV family and look forward to getting to know everyone better.

Anonymous said...

It really was a most excellent evening. I think everyone had a great time. Thanks to everyone who organized it you truly did a spectacular job.

Steve
Stoutridge

hudson-chathamwine said...

Great job, Debbie...and Colleen...A lot of work went into the tasting competition and the dinner. A super job by all involved!

hvwinegoddess said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. It was a pleasure organizing both the competition and dinner.

Now on to thinking about next year. Did I hear someone talking about a Pig Roast? Great idea!