Monday, March 2, 2009

NY Wine Expo

Yesterday I took the train into the city and went to the New York Wine Expo.We attended last year which was the first year of this event.

This year I found not as many state side representation.(NY,CA,WA or OR) There were many South America and Down Under wines.

I did taste a wonderful South African Sauvignon Blanc (unfortunately, between holding my coat and glass, I didn't take note on the name) it had wonderful balance. I found many of the New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs had high acid on the finish. It was disappointing, but maybe a result of the growing season. That high acid finish can really mess up your palate.

We had some wonderful Argentinian Malbecs The favorite for the day was the Malbec that had 90% Malbec and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon. The Cab brought the Malbec to life. A nice pick me up on the finish.

If you have the chance to attended a wine expo like this, I would highly suggest it. It is a good opportunity to taste a wide range of wines from all over the world. If you like a selection, they can tell you where you can pick it up in your home town liquor store.

1 comment:

Rob Bralow said...

I too was at the New York Wine Expo. I wrote a recap on my page, but I found some good producers, but mostly wines that I could pass on.