Friday, December 19, 2008

Last minute wine gifts

I took today off to finish my Holiday shopping. The impending snow storm fixed that..so last night, I went out to see what could accomplish, short of going out Christmas Eve.

Linens & Things are going out of business...everything is 50%-60% off. I found a nice wine bottle chiller for a friend for under $50. It chills the specific wine to the specific temperature. I also saw on their shelves a bunch of wine connoisseur kits that came with a decanter, cork screw and some other essential wine tools. I believe that gift was under $30.

My thought is also to take a trip to the local wineries or the wine/liquor stores that sell local wines today before the snow begins or tomorrow. I think I will make up some nice gift baskets along with some local cheese (that requires a stop at Adams) and peppermint bark that I made.

Happy last minute shopping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In winters, wine gifts are best choice for any occasion... I prefer to choose them...