Thursday, November 13, 2008

Greek Wine Tasting

Come visit me on Sunday at the the Kimisis Church Hellenic Center for a Greek Wine and Cheese Tasting 3pm - 6pm. Cost to attend is $25.

I will be pouring ">Kappa-Amyndeon Xinomavro- “Klima” and the Vatistas Monemvasios Red wine and am told there will be lots of great food and desserts to munch on. (My family favorite Greek cookie is the one with the powder sugar on top)

A little bit about the wines I'll be pouring...
Vatistas Monemvasios Red 2001 -

A blend of the indigenous varieties 40% Agiorghitiko, 30% Mavroudi and 30% Thrapsa. It has deep ruby color, aromas of black currants and olives. Good acidity and good ripe tannins that leave a lingering aftertaste. It best goes with meats, game and yellow cheeses. Aged in French oak for one year.


Kappa-Amyndeon Xinomavro - Klima -2005 -

Has a Pinot-like elegance, with pretty spice, dried cherry and berry flavours. Structured and balanced., Produced 100% from Xynomavro. Conservation time: 5-7 years. Produced: 25,000.


Greek Wine

Get your own at Scribd or explore others:


There will be many more wines poured both red and white. Come join me on Sunday!!


Stop and say hi and bring me a plate of my favorite cookies:)

No comments: