Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wine Store Assistance

I found myself last week on my way to a colleague's house for dinner and what did I forget...Oh no..the wine. I found myself in Beacon at the Artisan Wine Shop. What a nice store!

The owner Tim assisted me and asked what I was looking for. Even though I was looking at whites (very low on whites in the wine cellar) I needed a red. I was having beef for dinner. Since I didn't know if the beef was a burger or steak, I need something to go with anything. He recommended a 2003 Penny Farthing Cab Franc. I have to say, it went wonderful with the steak!! Thanks Tim.

I did also purchase two Sauvignon Blanc's, one from South Africa and one from Chile. I have yet to taste those.

When in doubt, talk to the help in your wine shop. They are most knowledgeable about the selections they carry. I found the selections in the Artisan Wine Shop quite different from selections in other wine stores and very reasonable prices. By different, I mean selections of local Hudson Valley Wine and from wine regions all over the world and lesser known regions, but small enough not to get lost in the inventory.

No comments: