Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wine and Memory Loss

I saw this information in the NYWGF newsletter. Thank you Jim.

MEMORY LOSS in women may be decreased significantly with moderate wine consumption, according to a recent Swedish study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology. The long-term prospective study showed a 70% decrease in the lifetime risk of dementia, while spirits consumption increased the risk, suggesting that the non-alcohol components unique to wine may be an important factor.

Not sure if I agree, since I can't remember things now. But that might be due to the busy lifestyle I lead. With that being said, in 30 years you will have to ask my kids if this holds true.

2 comments:

memory disorder said...

Hello friend thanks for sharing this useful information about Wine and Memory Loss I was looking information thanks for sharing!!

Memory Disorder Clinic said...

Memory loss is always associated with aging and the aged.

Memory Disorder Clinic