Sunday, October 28, 2007

South Africa vs New Zealand


Friday evening I had the opportunity to taste to different Sauvignon Blanc's in a side by side tasting.

Stellenbosch 2006 South Africian Sauvignon Blanc and Mud House 2007 Marlborough, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

Once again, in my opinion the Mud House, New Zealand was slightly better than the Stellenbosch from South Africa.

At first while tasting the Stellenbosh, I noticed the crisp citrus flavors. However, the Mud House flavors were more defined. There were intense passion fruit with underlying lemon and lime flavors with a crisp finish.

Both wines were very good, but my favorite for the evening was the Mud House

The Mud House isn't an expensive bottle...$12 at our local retailer.

2 comments:

Sinu S Kumar said...

Nice Post

interesting information on wine you've got here. do keep up the good work.

perhaps you may enjoy this post on New Zealand

warm regards

Sinu

Anonymous said...

HI deb,
I fully agree with this . The Mud house is by far the nicest NZ wine I have tasted lately and is a very reasonable price. Roll on the holidays so we can sample more.
Ann