Monday, August 6, 2007

Cape May, NJ..Beach and Win

I just got back from some R&R in Cape May, NJ. Never thought at the beach there would be wineries..but I was wrong. We were driving and passed Cape May Winery....so we stopped in for a visit. We tasted some very nice wines! Honestly, I don't think of wineries at the beach. (once I download my pictures, I'll post them) At Cape May Winery we tasted some stainless steel fermented Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Cab Franc, Cab Sauvignon and Merlot. They are releasing a oaked Chardonnay in the fall. Their wines held up very well. I was quite surprised. There was also another winery we didn't get to called Turdo Vineyards. I heard their wines were very good. Even though we passed there every day on our way to the beach, they were closed when we returned.

See..even at the beach you can go wine tasting.

No comments: