Monday, July 9, 2007

Wines of Spain

Today the UPS man paid a visit. He brought me wines from Spain. I was a little worried because of the extreme heat and the way which wine travels. I am glad to say, nothing was spoiled.

However, due to the fact that one of the bottles cork was protruding, we had to open it. It was a 2004 Protocolo, bottled by Dominio de Eguren. It was very good and very light.

I will tell you this case of wine, each bottle was $12. Free shipping. I ordered it from Touring and Tasting. Every now and then, they have some very nice deals. You can go to their website and sign up for their newsletter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chanced on your site, from a link at the Whinery Club.

Wines from Spain are real
favourites of mine.

I have a friend that runs a Web site called InterWined.com in conjunction with TV series that together we are producing for distribution in the UK.
Our first episode centres on Spain and the river Duero. (If you get a chance you should visit the site and check out the trailer; if you haven't been it will make you want to hop on plane today. The weather was amazing.)

My favourite Spanish wine of the moment is one from the Basque country called Txomin Etxaniz. It's got a kind of sour apple crispness that cannot be bettered.
If you can find it in the US, I really recommend it.

hvwinegoddess said...

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the tip. I will check out your site. One of these days I will get over to Spain.

I will call my wine store in the morning and see about that wine. I hope they can find it. The sour apple crispness sounds like a wonderful summer white.