Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Millbrook Vineyards & Winery

On Saturday I drove out to Millbrook Vineyards & Winery to pick up my Williams Selyem wine that I ordered. While there I got to taste some very nice wines under the Millbrook label.

First I tasted the 2006 Tocai Friulano. Tocai is a hungarian varietial that is estate grown. It has aromas of pineapple and kiwi with some nice citrus and pear flavors. This is a great summer wine!

Next was the 2005 NYS Chardonnay. This is a blend of Chardonnay grapes from New York's three primary growing regions. (Long Island, Finger Lakes & Hudson River Valley). This wine is partial barrel fermentation and complete malolactic fermentation that privdes this wine with tropical aromas with some mineral components on the finish.

Now it was onto the 2005 Chardonnay Proprietor's Special Reserve - Hudson River Region. This Chardonnay underwent malolactic fermentation and was completely barrel frmented in 80% French an 20% American oak for 9 months. This wine has aromatic layers of white peach cobbler, rose petal and pear which is folloed by a creamy and smooth finish.

Tomorrow I will go over the Reds I tasted. Till then...Cheers...

No comments: